So apparently us Brits consume around 250million pints of beer and 35million bottles of wine at Christmas – That’s impressive! I know I contribute nicely to those stats with all the client entertaining and parting with friends over the festive season – so I thought I would share with you my hangover top tips!
- Water! Drink Plenty of it! dehydration is one of the main reasons behind a hangover – so the simplest, cheapest and best advice I can give is drink H2O!
- Aloe Alcohol – Goodbye Hangover! My new best friend! I take 60ml of Forever Living Aloe Juice before I start drinking – and 60ml before bed… I have to say I can definitely feel the difference when I am unprepared with my Aloe Juice (As I found out after a wedding last week!) It’s not just me raving about this wonder substance – check out a few articles that also swear by it! metro.co.uk , livestrong.com – and still want more evidence – google it 🙂
- Fill up your stomach! Eat plenty of Carbs and Protein before you head out and start drinking! Never drink on an empty stomach – it always helps! Food helps slow the absorption of alcohol, and the longer it takes the alcohol to reach your blood stream, the longer it is until you become intoxicated.
- Avoid fizzy drinks as mixers – apparently they speed up the absorption of alcohol into your system… bet you didn’t know that one! Thanks NHS Choices!
- Exercise – OK so this is one I don’t tend to take my own advice on – but endorphin release could boost your mood, so dig out your running shoes and get going! And burning off a few calories may ease your guilt about how much you drank. Just be sure you keep your water bottle handy so you don’t become even more dehydrated.
- Pear Juice – I am not kidding! Research has shown that drinking pear juice before alcohol may reduce the effects of a hangover by 16-21 percent by inhibiting alcohol absorption – I like those odds! Thanks Telegraph
- Avoid a Fry Up the morning after! I know, I know – sometimes the thought of a greasy fry up sounds amazing – but it can actually aggregate your stomach more making you feel worse! But you are right in thinking Carbs is the way to go – instead, reach for the toast and slow release carbs will sustain your energy levels for longer!
So there you have it folks – my top tips! Now of course a hang over can be completely avoided if you stay off the alcohol – and remember drink sensibly!
So to conclude all you need is Water, Aloe, Food and Pears – Good luck!